Submit to Foglifter Journal
Foglifter’s literary journal is a biannual compendium of the most dynamic, urgent LGBTQ+ writing today. It’s a space where queer and trans writers celebrate, mourn, rage, and embrace.
Foglifter welcomes daring and thoughtful work by queer and trans writers in all forms, and we are especially interested in cross-genre, intersectional, marginal, and transgressive work. We want the pieces that challenged you as a writer, what you poured yourself into and risked the most to make. But we also want your tenderest, gentlest work, what you hold closest to your heart. Whatever you’re working on now that’s keeping you alive and writing, Foglifter wants to read it.
What does that look like? Check out some writing we love from our recent issues:
- “Seven Dates” by Elliot Gish
- “Whirlpool” by Meg Cass
- “Zulum,” by Fargo Tbakhi
- “INWARD ASPECT,” by Chekwube Danladi
- “Magical Faggot as Cinematic Study,” by Dez Deshaies
Submission periods for our literary journal are:
March 1 to May 1 (Fall Edition)
The Writers In Need fund supports sliding scale payments for our contributors. While we have been deeply fortunate to be able to compensate contributors for their important and incredible writing with a modest honorarium, Foglifter recognizes the many intersections of our queer and trans artistic communities, and that members of our community may be differently impacted by financial insecurity and historical disenfranchisement. This fund is an attempt to address those inequities.
The Writers In Need fund is sourced in a few ways:
- Each journal issue’s contributors may choose to donate a portion of (or their entire) honorarium to the Writers In Need fund.
- Writers who submit to Foglifter will be able to donate to the fund via the “Tip Jar” option in Submittable.
- Donations will be accepted from our extended community and supporters via PayPal here.
Before honorariums are distributed, contributors will fill out a Google form to select from the following options:
- their full honorarium
- a smaller honorarium, donating the remainder to the Writers In Need fund
- their full honorarium AND an additional disbursement from the Writers In Need fund
Submit to Foglifter
Foglifter opens for submissions on September 1st—and we're a paid market!
Help us continue providing a platform for intersectional queer and trans writing. Donate today!